Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Water Symposium

When I plan on teaching a unit on earth science I think I will see about taking them to the wetland here in Torrington. It's a great way for the students to learn and also a fun way of learning. I know they get to go again in fifth grade but they also get to see more things then and who knows they might of forgotten that they've already been there. If anyone else has any good ideas please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that is a good idea. I don't know how I would use this in my kindergarten classroom, but I think for a science class it will be nice to have this kind of thing around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that is a great idea to take student on a field trip. i think it's important to teach the topic to the class before the field trip so they have more of a background on the topic. i would recommend that you make the students have a worksheet or a paper to write depending on the age of the students about the field trip so you know they are paying attention. good luck.

    ReplyDelete